need help NOW?
- Samaritans 08457 90 90 90 (local rate call). Your call will be confidential and will be taken by a trained volunteer. The phone line is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and you can also email them at email@example.com.
- Breathing Space Scotland 0800 83 85 87 (calls from landlines are free of charge; charges may apply to mobile users). If you’re depressed or experiencing low mood, you can speak to a Breathing Space advisor weekdays: Monday to Thursday 6pm-2am and weekends: Friday 6pm to Monday 6am.
- Saneline 0845 767 8000 Open 6pm - 11pm every day of the year. Website:www.sane.org.uk or you can email them at SANEmail@sane.org.uk
- NHS 24 08454 24 24 24 (local rate call). Call NHS 24 if you’re ill and it can't wait until your GP surgery opens. The NHS 24 phone line is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- ChildLine 0800 11 11 (calls are free of charge). ChildLine is the free helpline for children and young people in the UK. You can talk with an adviser about any problem 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
If things are really bad you can always go to Accident and Emergency and ask to see a member of the psychiatric staff. If you are really ill and unable to go on your own, call 999 and get an ambulance.
If you have taken an overdose get help as soon as you can by calling 999 and asking for an ambulance.
If you are thinking about suicide...read this first was a resource first written in 1995 and has given thousands people the strength to seek help keep going.
Scottish Association for Mental Health have created the booklet Suicide...Living with your thoughts using their knowledge and experience in suicide prevention and in partnership with people who were willing to share their stories and expriences with them. This booklet is about helping you to understand your thoughts and helping you to make the best decision for you.